Let’s face it, nowadays we don’t have time to pamper ourselves. We often ignore to take out some spare time and relax for sometime. The whole day passes running around, meeting errands and in the end, we hardly get time to relieve the tension that builds up on our feet. Times like this call for some pampering. So, how to do a pedicure at your home in complete comfort by natural products?
I sincerely believe that with a pair of beautiful legs one must give equal importance to their feet as well. I have often seen women who make all the effort to be well dressed and well-groomed, but when it comes to their feet, they completely ignore because of which they are either sore or have chapped heals and basically look really bad.
So, where should we start from?
Not many of you have this knowledge that our feet contain vital nerves which helps in the functioning of the whole body – right from the spine to heart and stomach. This is the reason why the Thai concept of acupressure massage is famous for relieving stress. Not only it relaxes the feet but also heals parts of the body that are not working.
Silky and smooth shapely legs are a dream come true, but to get them is no easy task. A lot of hard work and exercise is required. Cycling and running is the best option form of exercise to get toned legs and some of the yoga postures also helps in the strengthening of the leg muscles.
When it comes to grooming, there are different methods of removing unwanted hair like shaving, creams, gels, waxing, etc. Personally, I feel waxing is still by far the best method of hair removal. The one rule you should always follow is to use an antiseptic cold compress to wipe the skin after waxing. I have seen the best of spas and salons using hot towels to easily remove the wax from the skin, but it is important to disinfect the skin and close the pores that have been opened during waxing. Applying a moisturizer after waxing is also just as important for a perfect finish.
The steps for taking care of your feet.
There is nothing quite as heavenly as a good pedicure. You can do it at home but it really is never the same. However, if you still want a DIY routine, put together the following list of items: pumice stone, nail brush, loofah, file, nail cleaner, cuticle pusher, a heavy duty moisturising cream, nail cutter, acetone, herbal shampoo, lemon slices, a tub of hot water, marigold flowers, honey and towels.
1. Clean your nails with acetone and cut and file your nails to the required length and shape.
2. Massage a little cream or honey on the nails and dip into a tub of hot soapy water to which you have added some fresh lemon slices and marigold petals (believe me it makes all the difference and you’ll feel like a queen!).
3. Once the nails and skin have softened, clean the nails with the help of the brush and use a pumice stone to dislodge dead skin of the heals. Pat dry and clean the nails with a cleaner and cuticle pusher.
4. Rub the lemon slices on the skin to remove tan and use a towel to pat dry.
5. Use the loofah to smooth out dead skin and mix 2 tsp each of honey and cream and massage well into the skin. Wipe off with hot towels and you are done!
REMEDY FOR TIRED FEET
If you have tired and aching feet suffering from varicose veins, then the
following foot remedy will help-
1. Take 2 liters of boiled water and add 2 cups pine needles (leaves), 2 cups rose petals and 2 tsp peppermint oil.
2. Massage the feet with castor oil and then soak them in this soothing brew for about 10 minutes.
3. Add marbles or small pebbles in the tub and roll your heels on them to relax tired aching feet.
4. Dry briskly with a towel and rub in a good lemon massage cream.
Cracked heels are a very common problem among all the women nowadays. One just has to take good and regular care of the feet by using a loofah and keeping it well moisturized and clean all the times.
However, here is the very simple remedy:
1. Clean the feet well with a pumice stone and nail brush and pat dry.
2. Massage the feet well with a heavy-duty cream or sesame and sandalwood oil until the skin has absorbed most of it.
3. Melt a candle in a double boiler and when slightly cool, brush it on the heels and allow it to solidify.
This remedy is best followed at night. Put on cotton socks and go to bed. In the morning, remove the socks and peel off the layer of wax. Follow it daily for a week and you will find a huge difference in the way your feet look and feel.
For those of you suffering from chipped nails, mix 1 tsp of gelatine with half a glass of water and drink it daily for two weeks. Besides this, keep the nails short and well-trimmed to strengthen the base. Long toenails not only look awful but can be quite painful in closed shoes.
Let your nails breathe and if at all they have turned yellow due to regular use of nail color, please let them breathe. A quick tip: rub lemon slices on the toenails daily and allow the juice to soak in. You will find them coming back to their natural healthy color in no time.